New Discussion

Re: VSA Licence Error

SOLVED
Go to solution
testmado662
Regular Advisor

VSA Licence Error

Hello,

We get an error on 2 VSA nodes and I don't understand error message. The VSA Frame works correctly but error message talk about Licence expiration and volume will go offline. We got that message from the begining and volumes are always up.

I think we allocate some octets over the 4To we bought but that's not the message sent by Lefthand.

I've added some snapshot to know if somebody get an idea or same issue. I've attached Error message and licence key correctly entered but I've erased the end of the key on snapshot.

Does somebody know how to fix that issue?

Thanks for your help,

1.JPG2.JPG3 - Copie.JPG

8 REPLIES 8
giladzzz
Honored Contributor

Hi

you probably past your licensed capacity and then you get 60 days trial

at the end of that period yor system will work but you will not

be able to create new disks only to delete

Regards

Rachna-K
HPE Pro

It could be the Licenses are expired. You can go to feature registration option for each VSA to check the License Expiration. You can also contact HPE License Team and confirm the expiration date of each VSA by providing them the Entitlement Order Number and also MAC Address of the VSA. Below is the link for the License Team. https://myenterpriselicense.hpe.com/cwp-ui/auth/login

Regards,
Rachna K
I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company
testmado662
Regular Advisor

Hello,

I connected me on HPE licence site and with EON 2 on 3 keys were generated and I got 2 receipts of VSA 4 TB Licence.

I don't understand why to regenerat licence keys and why it keeps 1 licence not activated. How many licences needed with VSA ?

Regards

4 - Copie.JPG5 - Copie.JPG

6 - Copie.JPG

Rachna-K
HPE Pro

Hi @testmado662 Each VSA would need a License. If you have 2 VSAs then you would need 2 License. Please check with License Team about the License Expiration date. If the License is not expired then please log a Case with the Support for further assistance. 

Regards,
Rachna K
I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company
testmado662
Regular Advisor

Hi Rachna,

From my point of view, I get 2 licences but to be sure I'm using the good licence keys, I have to contact HP Licencing.

Do you know the best way to contact them ? I tried from Hotline but I never got response.

Regards

Rachna-K
HPE Pro
Solution

Hi @testmado662,

The best way to contact the licensing team would be the chat option.

Browse through the license portal link shared earlier. On the homepage there is an option for chat. Select licensing option and provide your details to open a chat.

Regards,
Rachna K
I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

testmado662
Regular Advisor

hello Racha,

I'm going to try to contact HPE Licencing by Chat in order to find a solution to this license issue.

We have never stop those VSA but it's possible they don't start again if licenses are wrong.

Thanks

testmado662
Regular Advisor

hello,

I've using the chat and it works.

Thanks