Switches, Hubs, and Modems
1752795 Members
5823 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Configuration of 7102dl router - Static IPs & NAT translation

jonnysnakes

Configuration of 7102dl router - Static IPs & NAT translation

If somebody could help me on this configuration, it would be much appreciated. I've been working on this for three days straight with no luck.

I currently have 13 static IP addresses provided by my ISP. My network is set up as follows:

X.X.X.80 <- Subnet X.X.X.240 <- Mask
X.X.X.81 <- Gateway Router (ISP controlled)
X.X.X.82 <- IP address of eth 0/2 (WAN)
172.16.0.1 <- IP address of eth 0/1 (LAN)

I have several servers that are currently on NAT. I would like to forward certain IP addresses (ie. X.X.X.83) to a NAT address on my LAN. My questions are:

1) Is this possible? Since the network mask is 240, how can I tell the router to forward traffic from a particular IP address to one that is behind the firewall/NAT?

2) Must I bind all of the IP addresses that I am assigned to eth 0/2?

I'd appreciate any input / help provided.
3 REPLIES 3
Mohieddin Kharnoub
Honored Contributor

Re: Configuration of 7102dl router - Static IPs & NAT translation

Hi

1- Yes its possible by configuring One-to-One NAT for Inbound Traffic, and sometimes it uses ports along with it so it called port forwarding.

2- Its basically, you create an access control list then bind it to a NAT clause.

From the web interface you can do that in the Security Zones, public.
Select the policy type is NAT and NAT IP Address is your first server, then click on add new traffic selector and select the source IP Address (a.b.c.83) and you can select other parameters to be more specific like protocol TCP/UDP and port number.

Check the following link for examples:
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/networking/software/SR7000dl-Adv-C06-NAT-Nov2006.pdf

Good Luck !!!
Science for Everyone
Olaf Borowski
Respected Contributor

For your question #2: Yes, you have to configure your 13 addresses as secondary on the outside facing interface.
jonnysnakes

Thanks for your help gentlemen. I got it running now.