1755733 Members
4805 Online
108837 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Help Configuring VLAN

Randy Kumar_1

Help Configuring VLAN

Hi there,

We are using HP Procurve 4000M switches in one physical IP subnet, Currently there is no VLAN is being used. I would like to create 3 VLANs, I need some help and steps to do this.

1: Please provide me with the right steps to do this
2: How do I enabel inter VLAN communication ?, do I need a rouer or can do this throgh tagging ?

3: what ip address and gateway address I should give to each VLAs, What IP address , Gateway address I should use on client machine on VLA1, VLAN2 тАж..

4: What is the difference between Tagging, Trunking ( tagged port , untagged port)

5: What IP address, gateway address I should give to each switches

6: We are currently using a gateway to connect clients to internet, If I use different IP subnet for each VLAN, how do these users will connect to internet ?
4 REPLIES 4
Jeff Brownell
Valued Contributor

DOcumentation to these questions on the 4000 can be found here:
http://www.hp.com/rnd/support/manuals/8000_4000_2424.htm

And more specifically Chapter 6 here:
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/networking/software/59692320.pdf

Some good trainnig docs on vlans and procurve switch config in general can be had here:
http://procurve.hp.com/training/technical_training/aef.htm
Jos├й Adan Ortiz
Frequent Advisor

Sorry but i havent another way to contact you..
Jeff Brownell, i saw in this last post you give some reference about VLANs, and i want to know if you have references about VLANs solutions on Network Node Manager 6.3..Please! All the documentation related it!
Jeff Brownell
Valued Contributor

Jose,

I do not have any information on NNM (network node mgr). I suggest you oplace a call with hp services and ask for a NNM engineer to assist you. I beleive the call center number is still 800-633-3600...

Regards,
Jeff
Jos├й Adan Ortiz
Frequent Advisor

Ok...

Thanks!