1752786 Members
5956 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

panning tree menu missing on 2610-48-PWR

Simon Merckx
Advisor

panning tree menu missing on 2610-48-PWR

When I connect with hyperterminal to a 2610-48-PWR. I can not see de spanning tree menu under switch configuration. I also upgraded to the R.11.16(latest) firmware. But even then I can not see it. I can activate it via de command line. But after a reboot I still can not see it.
Is this a know issue?
4 REPLIES 4
Franklyn
Frequent Advisor

Re: panning tree menu missing on 2610-48-PWR

For all Procurve MSTP switches the Spanning Tree operation has been removed from the Switch Configuration in the Menu.So you could say its a known issue, when MSTP is enabled, MSTP automatically detects when the switch ports are connected to non-MSTP devices in the spanning tree and communicates with those devices using 802.1D or 802.1w STP BPDU packets, as appropriate Good Luck!
Simon Merckx
Advisor

Thanks for the info!

We still use STP in our netwerk, not RSTP.
I want to be able to put the non-uplink in portfast mode.

In the command line I have found de STP legacy command but not a command to put the ports in portfast mode.

When I put the switch in legacy mode, then it isn't working in mstp mode. In that case the spanning tree menu is still not visible.
You say it is only removed when in mstp mode?
Richard Brodie_1
Honored Contributor

"We still use STP in our netwerk, not RSTP.
I want to be able to put the non-uplink in portfast mode."

I don't think there is any support for STP with pre-RSTP extensions, including portfast. You just get a choice between STP/RSTP/MSTP.
Simon Merckx
Advisor

Does this mean, when in stp mode, every port behaves as a normal stp port. We work with dhcp so that could be a problem. I will do some testing.

Thanks for the info.