1754393 Members
2573 Online
108813 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Slow/unstable performance on 5300xl

stieven struyf
Frequent Advisor

Re: Slow/unstable performance on 5300xl

We are also having the same issues(on a brandnew 5312zl). Although sometimes it takes 2-3hours to start after a complete reboot of the switch. We were not even using the switch as a router.
We had to go back after first migration attempt. We had several engineer of different companies(network/firewall experts, hp engineer, network consultant) but noone could track the issue.
Now we tried again and migrated everything, but spantree is still disabled. in the next days we will migrate our firewall(=router) and see what that does with the network.

Another issue we also have on hp 2848/3400's is spanning tree recalculation. I checked every link/log/... and never found a topology change although every half hour(sometimes longer) we have a recalculation.
Ashley Cooke

Did anyone ever solve this old case? We've just started reconfiguring an old 5308xl switch to route between VLANs and, when client PCs were migrated into the new VLANs, this same problem has occurred. We are using the latest firmware currently available. Would love to hear from anyone that has been able to resolve, or even work around, this issue.
Matt Hobbs
Honored Contributor

Ashley, please start a new thread if you're having issues with E.11.03. The 5300 has been a stable product now for quite some time.

Alternatively you can contact ProCurve support directly - https://my.procurve.com/help/help_questions.aspx?l2id=48

cenk sasmaztin
Honored Contributor

hi Rasmus
please send me all switch show tech command print .
cenk