1753472 Members
4807 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: How to remove SNMP config from MSR3012

stuart_d1
Advisor

How to remove SNMP config from MSR3012

I'm what you would call a n00b to the HPE range of devices and I'm still veryy much getting used to them.

However, for the life of me I can't work out (and Google isn't helping either) how to remove part of an snmp config from an HPE MSR3012 device. I need to remove the following:

snmp-agent target-host trap address udp-domain a.b.c.d vpn-instance X&Y params securityname xxxxxx

Any advice please?

Worst case scenario, can I rmove the entirety of the SNMP config and just add back in what I need. If so, how please?

1 REPLY 1
stuart_d1
Advisor

Re: How to remove SNMP config from MSR3012

Right.... I've worked this out with no thanks to HP or any of its documentation. Just sher bloody mindednes and persistence.

To remove: snmp-agent target-host trap address udp-domain a.b.c.d vpn-instance X&Y params securityname xxxxxx  - you need to type the following:

snmp-agent target-host trap address udp-domain a.b.c.d params securityname xxxxxx vpn-instance X&Y

It may not appear any different at first but look closely and you will see the sections "vpn-instance X&Y"  and "params securityname xxxxxx" have switched places....!

Grrrrrr.