1753797 Members
7195 Online
108800 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: 1910-8G Switch JG348A vlan/routing setup

Joseph L. Casale
Regular Advisor

1910-8G Switch JG348A vlan/routing setup

I have a JG348A  with software 1513P99 and I could use come assistance on getting the configuration right.

I need to pass two vlans over the uplink port from a primary switch, 102 and 113. Vlan 102 is addressable and it is the address we will ultimately manage the switch through. Vlan 113 is not addressable.

I understand this switch must have the default vlan interface on vlan 1 set, so I added a vlan interface on 102 and configured it. The vlan interface on vlan 1 I presume can remain unused (Better would be to disable this after final configuration).

I need to untag only one of the fixed ports into vlan 113 and pass this through the uplink. This vlan should not route to or from any other vlan, it is deemed unsecure and is required to remain isolated. This will be the only locally attached device to the switch aside from fiber in the uplink port.

I only have experience with enterprise switches and this setup is typical and trivial. With this switch I can not get the combination of port type and vlan tagging such that accomplish what I need.

I would be grateful for any guidance,
Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Vince-Whirlwind
Honored Contributor

What is the switchport config on the primary switch? Both VLANs tagged?

Joseph L. Casale
Regular Advisor

Hi,
Yes the primary switch has both vlans tagged.