1752794 Members
6207 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

HP V1810-48G Unable to Ping or Access the Web Interface

kb23
Occasional Collector

HP V1810-48G Unable to Ping or Access the Web Interface

I'm currently installing a number of these switches. Some seem to operate fine several others are unable to be pinged or accessed through the web interface.

The firmware is the latest release, PK.1.4, the initial release.

After a period of time, several hours, the swiches become unreachable.

The problem seems to have existed in the 1810G-24 awhile back but was fixed.

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/V-Series/1810-24G-Web-interface-and-Ping-issue/m-p/2330529/highlight/true#M9

5 REPLIES 5
innotechspec

Re: HP V1810-48G Unable to Ping or Access the Web Interface

Hi there...

I am experiencing the issues with an 1810-24G.  The client sees link lights on the switch but the desktops say they are no longer connected, like the network cable is unplugged.  The client can't get into the management interface, and ping tests within the switch fail.  Their resolution up to now is to pull the power cable & plug it back in.  Some times, this doesn't work immediately and might take a couple of unplugs/plugins to get it working again.  For no rhyme or reason, the switch may work for a month, and act up 5-6 times during one day.  I have remote management software installed on some of the other machines in that switch & sometimes reconnect on their own without recycling the power on the switch.

They were on firmware P03.01, I upgraded them this morning to P03.04 and I am waiting to hear back from them if the problems have gone away, but I may not know for a while.

I have more than 20 HP switches deployed out in the field and this is the only one that has had this issue.

kb23
Occasional Collector

Our problems seem slightly different but possibly related. I've had not trouble with the 1810-24G model using the 2.20 firmware.

The 1810G-48 model seems to continue to operate correctly as a switch but no management is available, nor are pings or SNMP.

jguse
HPE Pro

Hello guys,

Have you tried opening a case with support? I'd highly recommend it so that we can properly investigate this issue.

Best regards,
Justin

Working @ HPE
Accept or Kudo
ICT_at_SSG

Hey KB23,

We are experiencing the same issue with all our ProCurve 1810-48G switches. All working fine but no access to Management GUI and no response from pings.

Did you ever find a solution?

Emil_G
HPE Pro

Hi all. There is a fix in PK.1.11 which may be helpful. Please contact your support to obtain this SW

HP AND CUSTOMER VIEWABLE

Version: PK.1.11

Status: Released and fully supported, but not posted on the Web

Release date: 23 January, 2012

ENHANCEMENTS

This version does not contain enhancements.

SOFTWARE FIXES

This version contains the following fixes:

0000105018 / 0000105424 – System – After a few days of uptime, the switch may become unresponsive and attached clients may become unreachable. Additionally, the error message ‘avl mac delete error’ may be observed.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo