Web and Unmanaged
1752795 Members
6193 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP1810 Trunking not workin

mrjoli021

HP1810 Trunking not workin

I have an HP 1810 and I would like to do 802.1Q trunking to a MikroTik router and make it a router on a stick.  It is not working.  I connect the Mikrotik to a cisco switch configure trunking on the cisco and it works with no problem.  For some reason I dont get the same results on the HP switch.  Does this switch support this type of trunking?

I also have the same issue with my AP when I trunk it I am not able to ping it.  

Any suggestions?

P.S. This thread has been moved from from ProCurve / ProVision-Based to web & unmanaged . - Hp Forum moderator

4 REPLIES 4
LorenzoCastro
Frequent Advisor

Hello,

In regards to the 802.1q question, yes, your switch does that, although HP calls this tagging as opposed to Cisco's trunking. 

In short, you will want to untag the native VLAN say 1, and tag any additional VLANs (ie. 2,3,4) for which you want to route with your firewall on the port that it's connected to, say port 1. 

If you can post some more details like current switchport configuration as well as any device you are trying to connect I'm sure someone can help.

Thanks,

Lorenzo

schtebo
Occasional Contributor

here, try to trunk hp 1810-24g to hp 1810-24g v2 and it seems that this doent work, too....

LorenzoCastro
Frequent Advisor

Interesting...if you post some configs here that would help a lot.

schtebo
Occasional Contributor

sorry, worked... was my fault.

didn't add trunk to vlan.

works great now with 2 ports on each switch :)