6088 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Link aggregation

VP2011

Link aggregation

Hi,

Requirement.

we need to EXTEND my LAN from my existing office to Branch (which means I will share all the resources available at main office )

Airtel has provided 4 Independent 8Mbps  Links on Copper (with Ethernet out) on both the sides, which we have terminated separately on 4 different ports on our switches on both the ends.

I need these 4x8Mbps links to be aggregated to get a single pipe on both ends at 8Mbps.

Please let me know if this can be acieved on L2 or L3 Hp switches

2 REPLIES 2
Arimo
Respected Contributor

Re: Link aggregation

Hi

Don't know if you found this out already...

If your Link Aggregator speaks LACP towards the internal netwok, yes, you can create a 4-port trunk between the aggregator and the LAN switch. I'm not aware of any HP device which could act as an aggregator in that situation.

HTH,

Arimo
HPE Networking Engineer
Jammet

Re: Link aggregation

I am not sure if the LACP traffic would pass across the link or not, you could try it with a 2910 or 3500 or something along those lines and just set it up for lacp but i have not attempted it across a hosted link.   I did try it across a few cisco wireless access points setup in WDS but they would not pass the lacp traffic correctly.  I would personally talk to your provider and see what they suggest because i have done bonded T1's and such before but only over adtran's that are setup for that kind of configuration.