7488 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion

3PAR disk scrubbing and saving configuration

Mark Smithers
Regular Advisor

3PAR disk scrubbing and saving configuration

Hello All,

I need to undertake the following and was wondering if anyone has done the same:

1) Save the configuraiton of a 7400 - CPGs, AO config, ports, iSCSI configuration, replication configuraiton, host configuration etc

2) Wipe the array as if it never saw any data at all. - Can this be done on a 3PAR????

3) Move the array from one location to another

4) Rebuild the array

5) re-write the configuration

6) Start the re-sync of the array to the original data source.

If anyone can help, that would be fantastic.

Cheers

Mark

4 REPLIES 4
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: 3PAR disk scrubbing and saving configuration

>1) Save the configuration - CPGs, AO config, ports, iSCSI, replication, host configuration

I'm not sure if there is any good way other than scripting the output of the show commands.  There is the -csvtable

option.

>2) Wipe the array as if it never saw any data at all.

You need to talk to Support.  There is a way to do this, used when demo equipment is returned.

Basically all of the chunklets are re-initialized.

Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

The Service Processor already periodically collects the configuration. It is a very large collection of show* commands.

The physical disks are initialized during what is called the Out-Of-The-Box process. This is typically done by HP Support:

Put it 'Back-In-The-Box'.

Move the array.

Get it 'Out-Of-The-Box'.

Configure according to the previously saved config report.

Why do you want to wipe the array, when you are going to rebuild, recreate the configuration, and re-sync?

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

Mikko1
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

Has anyone resolved this issue? Is threre a backup tool in 3par? Or what is the best practice to save config then run config?

Thanks!

Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

Read my earlier response. The Service Processor collects the configuration three times a day. It is a collection of SHOW commands.

If you reinitialize the array, you will need to read the latest CONFIG report from the SP, log in to the CLI/ssh interface, and type in approrpriate commands.

There is no tool.

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo