Array Performance and Data Protection
1751981 Members
4878 Online
108784 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Nimble Path Selection Policy with NCM -- Script?

SOLVED
Go to solution
crw64
Occasional Advisor

Nimble Path Selection Policy with NCM -- Script?

We have hosts that were recently setup. I installed the latest version of NCM via VMWare Update Manager prior to configuring/scanning for iscsi volumes. I am noticing now that the path policy is set to Round Robin and not Nimble_PSP_Directed. I am not sure if the old nimble psp (for IO change and Round Robin) script was run against these machines or what. I do notice when I create a new volume it sets to nimble_psp_directed as it should.

That said is there a script that will change the psp to nimble_psp_directed? I only have one for the old round robin psp.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
jwang131
Solution

Re: Nimble Path Selection Policy with NCM -- Script?

This is a sample script that will change Nimble device path policy from other to NIMBLE_PSP_DIRECTED. It'll first check to make sure the policy is available. Then for each Nimble device. If it's not in the NIMBLE_PSP_DIRECTED path policy, it'll set it to. This script can be run on ESX host.

esxcli storage nmp psp list |grep NIMBLE_PSP_DIRECTED >/dev/null

installed=$?

if [[ $installed -eq 0 ]]; then

DEVICE_LIST_OUT=$(esxcli storage nmp device list)

DEVICE_EUI=$(echo "$DEVICE_LIST_OUT" | sed '/^\ /d' | awk '{print tolower($0)}')

for i in $(echo "$DEVICE_EUI")

do

oui=$(echo $i | cut -c21-26)

if [[ "$oui" == "6c9ce9" ]]; then

PATH_POLICY=$(echo "$DEVICE_LIST_OUT" |grep -A 6 $i |awk '/Path Selection Policy:/{print $4}')

if [[ $PATH_POLICY != "NIMBLE_PSP_DIRECTED" ]]; then

echo "$(date) Nimble device $i path policy is $PATH_POLICY, setting it to NIMBLE_PSP_DIRECTED."

esxcli storage nmp device set --device $i --psp NIMBLE_PSP_DIRECTED

else

echo "$(date) Nimble device $i path policy is NIMBLE_PSP_DIRECTED. No change required."

fi

fi

done

else

echo "NIMBLE_PSP_DIRECTED is not an available policy on this host."

fi

crw64
Occasional Advisor

Re: Nimble Path Selection Policy with NCM -- Script?

Thank you very much!!