2550 Online
108858 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: nx6115 - blue wifi leds go off.

marianomd
Occasional Contributor

nx6115 - blue wifi leds go off.

Hello,

I have bought an hp nx6115 here in Argentina. It's model is EP917LA#ABM. It comes with a SEMPRON 3000+. The most noticeable differences with nx6125 are:
- No fingerprint reader
- No memory cards reader
- No TV out
- No docking station connector
- No Turion
- No Windows (FreeDOS)

I installed Windows XP and all applicable softpaqs from HP.

Everything works ok, except for the blue wifi leds. If I turn on wifi, the blue leds turn on, but whatever happens (I open wifi networks list, I connect to any wifi network, etc) the leds go off.

Wifi still works without problems, but it's annoying...

If I install the Broadcom wifi utility, it's worse: leds are on only for a couple of seconds.

Any ideas? Similar situations?

Thank you!!
Mariano
2 REPLIES 2
S Srinivas
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

As per the problem you descibed it appears to be the funtionality. You are able to connect but LED turns off when connected. Also you mentioned that you have updated drivers. Is that from HP website and are they the current one.

Also check after restoring defaults to BIOS under Advanced>>device options>>WLAN embedded device radio is enabled. If issue persists check for with the updated BIOS from HP website and the issue would be resolved.

Thanks.
Them

Before resorting to the above, first check properties of the WLAN adapter in Device Manager (in the 'System' applet from Control Panel).

Identical issue occurred when updating the Broadcom driver on an HP Pavillion notebook. Checked the device properties and found a 'Minimum Power Consumption' setting (off the 'Advanced' tab in Properties menu) was now 'Enabled'. Disabling this property will allow the Wi-Fi LED to remain on while adapter is active, in turn using more power.

The choice is nice, but 'hiding' it in Device Manager is annoying.