HPE 9000 and HPE e3000 Servers
1754283 Members
3303 Online
108813 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

fbackup hangs on a specific drive

Lee_58

fbackup hangs on a specific drive

All, when I perform the fbackup, the server hang when it is pulling data from c0t10d0, the drive light comes on steady, and the server beeps. The is no entry in any log is the "backup failed" on entry backup log. I get a "critical error" event notification. The server will not shutdown and must be switched off. This drive was replaced several months ago for a different problem. Fsck finds no errors in the single user mode. Any ideas how to check for errors, log to look at, etc├в
2 REPLIES 2
V.Tamilvanan
Honored Contributor

Re: fbackup hangs on a specific drive

Hi ,

#dd if=/dev/rdsk/c0t10d0 of=/dev/null bs=4096k
Execute the above command and weight for the output. It reads 4 MB blocks from the HDD and writes to the null. You are suppose to get an equal amount of 'records in' and 'records out' but if you get any erros in between then your HDD needs to be replaced.
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Re: fbackup hangs on a specific drive

Yes, looks like disk problem. fsck checks structures only, fbackup reads file contents. Run mstm and highlight disk and select information on it. Look at error count. It's also good idea to check defect list from mstm's expert tools, but I think you'll need temporary password which you can obtain from HP responce center
Eugeny