HPE Synergy
1757051 Members
2620 Online
108858 Solutions
New Discussion

Synergy-specific ESXi 7.0 U3 install iso/offline bundle?

SOLVED
Go to solution
PatrickLong
Trusted Contributor

Synergy-specific ESXi 7.0 U3 install iso/offline bundle?

Previous ESXi installler iso and offline bundle installers prepared by HPE and available on the VMware Customer Connect site (for example, 7.0 U2) have - in addition to the primary DL/BL-focused download - offered both Superdome Flex-specific AND Synergy-specific .iso and offline bundle installers,  but the most recent 7.0 U3 release does not appear to list a Synergy-specific .iso or offline bundle.  It DOES however still list the Superdome Flex custom installer.

Does anyone know if this is an intentional omission or change toward unification of images and we can use the VMware-ESXi-7.0.3-18644231-HPE-703.0.0.10.7.1.16-Oct2021.iso for Synergy, OR if I should be waiting for a forthcoming 7.0 U3 .iso/offline bundle that is specific to Synergy components?   Perhaps we are waiting on a new 3820c driver from Marvell to be released for inclusion in a new 7.0 U3 Synergy-specific bundle, as the drivers released in the SSP 2021..05.03  have resulted in a Customer Advisory ?

2 REPLIES 2
DanCernese
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: Synergy-specific ESXi 7.0 U3 install iso/offline bundle?

The Synergy image will be released in sync with the required Synergy firmware bundle early next month.  Yes, it includes the driver fix.

I am an HPE Employee
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
PatrickLong
Trusted Contributor

Re: Synergy-specific ESXi 7.0 U3 install iso/offline bundle?

Thie Synergy custom image has been released, as shown here:  https://www.hpe.com/us/en/servers/hpe-esxi.html

Note that this is ESXi 7.0 Update 3 build 18644231, so you should consider immediately applying the latest available patch for U3,  that is U3a build 18825058.  Personally, I'm holding off on U3 for a while - learned my lesson with the 7.0 U2 fiasco and I'm staying at 7.0 U2d 18538813 until U3 gets more mileage on it.