4380 Online
108723 Solutions
New Discussion

IMC cant communicate with SNMP Device.

Dalamar
Occasional Visitor

IMC cant communicate with SNMP Device.

Hello

Yesterday have upgraded IMC from version 7.2 to 7.3. Since that upgrade i have some problems with connection from IMC to switches via SNMPv3. At 7.2 Version there wasnt any problem at all. 

This kind of information send IMC:

Trap Name:  Device MIB Access Exception
Severity:  Warn
Trap Time:  2017-09-14 08:49:30
Description:  Error occurred when accessing the MIB on device

When i want to try to test the connection via SNMPv3  and want to select snmp template i have this error:

The templates do not have mapping relationship with the device parameters

I checked the connection with snmpget.exe with same cridentials and i have got right information.

When i checked communication using wireshark i have info "encryptedPDU: privKey Unknown."

Its strange cause on same template works over 50 devices and only 3 devices have problem to connect.

6 REPLIES 6
streeb
Occasional Advisor

Re: IMC cant communicate with SNMP Device.

Dalamar, 

I have seen this error message before but in that case someone had copied the engine id over with a configuration generation and the usm-user account keys were then invalid. Undoing the SNMP engine ID and then removing and reapplying the usm-user account for IMC fixed this. Perhaps try this on one of your three problem devices and see if it fixes the issue. 

This may not be the same issue but my steps might give you a clue. 

Regards

Mike

Dalamar
Occasional Visitor

@streeb,

I will check it but i guess its not the solution. 

The configuration of the switch:

snmpv3 enable

snmpv3 only

snmpv3 user with sha and aes128 

snmpv3 group managerpriv user sec-model ver3

When i reconfigure switch to accept snmpv2 connection with r/w community public/private everything seems to be okay.

So the IMC have a problem with snmpv3 only. And i suppouse it cannot put proper data in PDU. 

When i looked at he information that i recieved from switch i see information: "msgPrivacyParameters: <MISSING>"

Any1 know whre to look for logs from update?

ibias
Regular Advisor

The deploy log you can find here: <drive>:\Program Files\iMC\deploy\log

Please contact the HPE customer support, if you didn't find the problem himself.

Rob8
Occasional Visitor

Dalamar,  I am having the same issue.  Did you find a solution?

spgsitsupport
Regular Advisor

Years later and very simmilar issue with iMC PLAT 7.3 (E0705) and 3 x HP Procurvge 2920 switches

All other switches (same mode, same firmware) work fine, but these 3 give an error "The MIB node can not be accessed" when trying to add VLANs to it

Tried this, no go

Seb

jguse
HPE Pro

Hello,

I would suggest opening a new topic for that, and linking back to this one, rather than posted in a topic that is years old. Troubleshooting the MIB node failing to be accessed issue is something best done with Wireshark on the IMC server while reproducing the issue, as this lets you see the failing SNMP requests/responses.

Best regards,
Justin

Working @ HPE
Accept or Kudo