1756724 Members
2577 Online
108852 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Changing SCSI ID

alymarcor
Advisor

Changing SCSI ID

I want to change SCSI ID in the HP-UX but I don't know is it possible in CLI or only in EFI Shell

Regards,

ALYMARCOR
10 REPLIES 10
Patrick Wallek
Honored Contributor

Change the SCSI ID of what? Of a SCSI controller? Of a disk drive? Tape drive?

We need a bit more information.
alymarcor
Advisor

SCSI controller and tape drive
Sanjay_6
Honored Contributor

The scsi controller should be at SCSI ID 7 which is the default for the card. Some old cards had a jumper block near the scsi port which can be used to change the scsi id of the scsi card. As far as the scsi id for the tape drive is concernred, it should be on the tape drive itself. Lookup the model of the tape drive on internet and it shows the location of jumper settings or the location of the switch which allow you to change the scsi id of the drive.

Look at the switches / jumpers close to where the scsi cable is plugged on the drive.

Hope this helps.

Regds
Thierry Poels_1
Honored Contributor

Hi,

changing SCSI addresses is a hardware matter.
If you want to change the SCSI address an interface card (default address 7), you'll need to remove the card from the server, change the jumpers, and put it back.

If you want to change the SCSI address of a hard disk, you'll have to change the dip switches at the back of the box (or jumpers for older interal disks).

regards,
Thierry.
All unix flavours are exactly the same . . . . . . . . . . for end users anyway.
alymarcor
Advisor

Thanks for your reply, but, I need to change the SCSI ID for one SCSI card, The card has the SCSI ID 7 and I want to change it for other value, because other node in cluster have SCSI ID 7 in SCSI card. I don't know how I can do it?
alymarcor
Advisor

Another thing, the Card is integrated with de System board
Sanjay_6
Honored Contributor

What type of system is this ?.

Thanks
Sanjay
alymarcor
Advisor

Is an rx4640 and I need change SCSI ID an software level
Sanjay_6
Honored Contributor

Hi,

This is from docs.hp.com. Maybe one of these docs can help dependng on what type of hardware you are using.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DocumentIndex.jsp?contentType=SupportManual&locale=en_US&docIndexId=179911&taskId=135&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=346359

Hope this helps.

Regds