New Discussion юеВ

Re: Error printing

SOLVED
Go to solution
Riverhawk
Advisor

Error printing

I am receiving the following error
-JBC-E-NOCMKRNL,operation requires CMKRNL privilege, however the user does have the CMKRNL as an authorized privilege.

OpenVMS System Version 7.1-2
3 REPLIES 3
Craig A
Valued Contributor
Solution

Has the user actually enabled the privilege? I suspect not. (using $ SET PROC/PRIV=CMKRNL)

Ask them to do a $SHOW PROC/PRIV and post the results.

Craig
Hoff
Honored Contributor

Please consider posting the full error vector contents, and the identity of the image involved or the PRINT? command that was used here. (The - indicates a secondary or subsequent message, and % the primary.)

Details on any custom or non-default print symbiont that might be in use could be useful, too. SHOW QUEUE /FULL for the queue.

I have seen something similar with an incorrectly-configured cluster (either multiple or misconfigured SYSUAF files), with the specification of /USER. There are also a few similar bugs, and this OpenVMS release is back far enough that the box could be missing an ECO kit.

There's also a reasonable chance that what you're posting is the result of a stack corruption or other error of some sort, too; that the NOCMKRNL error could be bogus. But that depends on the image and the details of the error.
Riverhawk
Advisor

enabling the privilege solved the issue.