3426 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

2 new 146GB HDD red light is flashing

SOLVED
Go to solution
errata

2 new 146GB HDD red light is flashing

we have HPML350 server Smart Array P800. It has 2 HDD 146GB. in bay 7 & 8 configure RAID 1+0. Last Month the Server hang. So I forced to Shutdown the server. The server cannot reboot it said failure on HDD. I saw the red light on bay 7 is flashing.
Since still under warranty I call our supplier, he said the need to replace the HDD. Then the new hdd arrived, then during recovery the HDD in Bay 8 failed also.
So the 2 HDD is new. I configure the server using the smartarray CD followed by windows 20003 OS. After few days I noticed that bay 7 red light is flashing, then I call again the supplier. diagnosed the server he said bay 7 HDD failed, need to replace new one. new HDD arrived same case red light is flashing. According to the supplier need to upgrade the firmware. Today he passed to me a HDD with update firmware. after 1 hour when I put the HDD with upgrade firmware the problem still the same.
I just noticed the between the 2 HDD in Bay 7 which always red light flashing the SAS 10K and in bay 8 which is good SATA Seriak SCSI 10k.

hope anyone here can help me in this problem.
3 REPLIES 3
andy-x
Advisor
errata

Re: 2 new 146GB HDD red light is flashing

Thanks Andy it works.
errata

Re: 2 new 146GB HDD red light is flashing

by updating the firmware the my problem solve