ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1756003 Members
3122 Online
108839 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Boot settings change itself at a Proliant ML 110 G4

Schulte Alfred

Boot settings change itself at a Proliant ML 110 G4

Proliant ML 110 G4 . USB-HDD connected to the server changes the BIOS settings in that way , that it puts itself to the first boot device. Boot settings for hard is configured in that way that HostRaid#0 is set in upper place and USB (Seagate FreeAgent) is set to last place. This will work until the USB-HDD is unconnected or the power of the USB-HDD was switched of. When the server is now rebooted and the USB-HDD is reconnected the BIOS changed itself and puts the USB-HDD in the first Boot place. As there is no OS at the USB-HDD the server hangs. Thanks for a help!
Alfred
4 REPLIES 4
Ryan Goff
Valued Contributor

What happens if you disconnect the usb drive, turn off USB 2.0 setting in the bios, power off, reattach drive then boot up?

Do you have the latest bios version?
Schulte Alfred

Thank you Ryan for your quick reply. Yes I put in the lastest firmware version I will try that settings you recommend. But if I switch off the USB 2.0 in the BIOS will I have still the support for wireless mouse and keyboard? This server is also used as a workstation at the front desk of a MD As this performance (BIOS changes settings itself) is not shown at AMI BIOS in other machines, I think it must be a wrong implementation of USB funktion in the BIOS and should be changed by HP or Phoenix.

AKCS

I have exactly the same issue Schulte. We have a maxtor backup drive, but everytime the server is restarted, the boot order is changed and it tries to boot from the USB HDD. Very annoying! Because of the environment the server is in, we have to leave the back HDD out, and now we have no backups. I hope HP have a fix for this soon.
Alex Koziaris
Occasional Advisor

HP have released new firmware that has fixed up the USB boot order issue

http://h18000.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/27420.html

Within the cmos settings disable USB boot precedence from within the boot menu