1755953 Members
4110 Online
108839 Solutions
New Discussion

Can't change interrupt setting on Smart 2DH

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Can't change interrupt setting on Smart 2DH

I am having problems trying to change the interrupt setting on a Smart 2-DH array controller. Presently it is configured to int 15 - which NetWare prefers you not to use. I have disabled both com1 and com2 to free int 4 / 3 so that the smart 2-dh can be reconfigured to use one of these interrupts. Unfortunately when I select the array controller and use the advance options (F6 & F7) it does not allow me to reconfigure. It just comes back with a message saying some thing like; there is nothing to configure .. and doesn't allow me the function to change interrupt.
The server is patched with the latest sys board f/w and smart 2-dh f/w (4.50). The system configuration partition has been updated via smart start 5.30.
I have done this before in the past on another server. Am I trying to do this change in the wrong place or am I going nuts?
Your help would be appreciated.
Regards,
Adrian.
1 REPLY 1
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Re: Can't change interrupt setting on Smart 2DH

Hello, You can change the interrupt settings by enabling the Advanced mode(Control+A while System Configuration is highlighted by going to F10) and hitting F6 Key. when you finish doing this then at main configuration window lock the board. If you need further assistance please call Tech support at 1-800-OK-COMPAQ.