ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1757002 Members
2289 Online
108858 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP Smart Storage Admin

rhayes

HP Smart Storage Admin

My first time here and hope I'm in the right location.   I inherited a Microsoft SBS 2011 environment....the server is and HP ProLiant G6 and configured with a RAID array, but has no utilities on it.  I've tried to find a version of Smart Array Admin that will work on this server, but nothing will install (installs say they are incompatible).  

Can someone point me the right direction as I've had a drive failure and need to analyze the array. 

1 REPLY 1
Edwin Eppel
Valued Contributor

Re: HP Smart Storage Admin

Do you know the server model? Proliant ML or DL xxx Gx? For some G6 servers SBS 2011 is not fully supported (some but not all drivers and utilities are available). If they installed the HP software there should have been a couple of HP subdirectories with links to System Management Homepage and the HP utilities. If not try accessing SMH via https://localhost:2381 and login with an admin account (<domain>\<local_account>). If the system has an iLO port, connect that to the network and point your browser to its IP address. If it has not been setup try the default account and password. If the array controller has on board BIOS you can reboot and press F5 at post to access the built in array utility. You might also want to try installing SBS2008R2 versions of some of the software, like the Array Control Utility and see if that's compatible.