ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1756434 Members
3133 Online
108847 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Is a PCI-E Riser different than the GPU Enablement Kit?

DasGoG
Advisor

Is a PCI-E Riser different than the GPU Enablement Kit?

Hello!

I am curious if these are two different devices. I have a GRID K1 which turns on and all is fine but once I load a VM using the device through тАЬpass throughтАЭ mode the fans go top speed nonstop.
I have the standard PCI-e Slot/Riser that the GPU fits into. I keep seeing this тАЬGPU Enablement KitтАЭ ( 719082-B21) and am curious if I am needing this as well?
2 REPLIES 2
Cali
Honored Contributor

Hi,

based on the P/N your Server should be a DL380 Gen9.

The Kit contains:
2x High Efficiency Heatsink
2x Power Cord 150W
2x Power Cord 1x8P to 2x6P
2x Baffle Extender

The HeatSink looks like this:
CPU1.png

You find more in the QuickSpecs:
HPE DL380 Gen9 Graphics Enablement Kit 719082-B21
NOTE: This GPU enablement kit includes 2 Heatsinks and 8 cables to enable double wide GPUs to be supported.
NOTE: For doublewide GPU support you are required to have at least 1x1400W Power Supply (720620-B21), per card for cards over 150W. Cards 150W or under can used 800W Power Supplies; however check the power usage via the HPE Power Advisor Tool located at http://www.hpe.com/info/hppoweradvisor.
NOTE: There are limitations on the chassis and processor supported when adding Graphics accelerators.
NOTE: Passive cards will require the addition of the High Performance Fan Kit (719079-B21).
NOTE: We support up to 2 Double wide and 3 single wide Graphics cards, limitations apply.
NOTE: This kit support up to 2 double wide Graphics cards.
NOTE: Double Wide GPUs will occupy slots 2 and 5 and will leave only 2 slots left open.
NOTE: There are limitations on GPU support (1x double wide) with the NVMe bay installed.
NOTE: All Accelerators are restricted to less than 1024GB for system host memory, with the exception of the Tesla P100, AMD and Intel cards.
NOTE: This kit includes PCIe GPU Retention Brackets that need to be installed on the air baffle to support FL cards.
NOTE: Not required for M2000.

Do you have the High Performance Fan Kit (719079-B21)?

There is also an Air Baffle included.
I don't know how much Power the K1 needs and if the K1 is a Double Wide Card.
I hope this helps you a little further.

Cali

ACP IT Solutions AGI'm not an HPE employee, so I can be wrong.
DasGoG
Advisor

Hello!

I do indeed have an unopened 719082-B21 Enablement Kit.

Alot of my issue is how do I know I need it? passthrough and this card would only be for one VM running video editing.

Seems I may need more than what I have.