ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1754254 Members
3494 Online
108812 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

No mouse on DL380 servers whilst connected via KVM

Mit_2

No mouse on DL380 servers whilst connected via KVM

We've got two DL380 servers and two Proliant 1600's connected to a Dynamode KVM switch.

The 1600 servers are working fine with a PS2 keyboard and mouse but on the DL380s, only the keyboard works. I thought they might just need restarting so scheduled them to reboot at 5am this morning but it's not fixed the problem.

Anyone got any clues as to what I can try?
10 REPLIES 10
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

Re: No mouse on DL380 servers whilst connected via KVM

Just assuming all basic done: swap cable, swap port at KVM, Try local keyboard ?
Mit_2

I've got the same problem with both servers using different cables and different ports on the KVM.

Could the mouse perhaps be at fault? It's a Microsoft Intellimouse with wheel. Maybe changing it to a more stupid model would help.

Hmmm.
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

Typo
I mean local mouse works ?

O/S ?
DL380 G1 Old model ?
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

Here is something
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=PSD_EX030903_CW01

along you use different KVM it could be your case
Mit_2

They're both DL380 G3 - Xeon based rack units, bought in the summer of 2004.

I've changed the mouse but that's not made any difference.

Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

Does it work if locally connected? after Restart. In ILO from global settings is Mouse enabled, also trough ILO/Console (remotely) does it works ?
Mit_2

We don't use the ILO feature and unfortunately I can't restart either server during office hours :(
Rich Colbert
Occasional Advisor

Disable the iLo. We've had the same problem. Certain iLo's on certain servers conflict with KVM's. I don't recall all the specifics.

In the long run our plan is to ditch KVM altogether in favor of iLo Advanced across the board.
Mit_2

I activated iLo and tried the remote console. Even tho I don't have the advanced option installed, some sort of mouse movement must've been passed through to the server because when I checked the actual screen this morning, the pointer was offset from the centre.

I've disabled iLo via the web config page - does the server need restarting now?