108858 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Please help! "1720-S.M.A.R.T. Hard Drive Detects Imminent Failure"

juan c. noboa
Occasional Contributor

Please help! "1720-S.M.A.R.T. Hard Drive Detects Imminent Failure"

1720-S.M.A.R.T. Hard Drive Detects Imminent Failure
SCSI Drive, System Board, Port 1, ID 0

I changed the drive after this message, but keep having the same problem with the new drive. Can this be a firmware issue? Can both drives be damaged?

The server does not have a Smart Array, and the bios version is "COMPAQ System BIOS - P17 (12/18/2002)".

Thanks in advance!

JCN
3 REPLIES 3
Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

Re: Please help! "1720-S.M.A.R.T. Hard Drive Detects Imminent Failure"

hI,

try to update the m&P Patch for same server from website. www.compaq.com/support/files

Regards,
Prashant S.
Nothing is impossible
juan c. noboa
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Prashant, but what is the "m&P"?

I don't seem to find any update by that name in the website.

JCN
Brent_34
Frequent Advisor

M&P stand for monitor and performance. This is the exact description from the download page

"No Self Monitoring Analysis and Reporting Technology (S.M.A.R.T.) attributes or values are changed. Any actual S.M.A.R.T. predictive failures will remain triggered.

The M&P Patch Utility eliminates the traditional hard drive M&P tests and associated thresholds. Compaq Insight Manager will show these tests as N/A (Not Applicable) in the hard drive monitoring section of the application. A future release of Compaq Insight Manager will replace these test fields with the associated S.M.A.R.T. predictive failure tests and values.

This utility only applies to Compaq SCSI hard drives attached to RA4XXX systems and Compaq SMART Array Controllers. Hard drives attached to standard SCSI controllers are not affected."

http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/10468.html

You should also update the firmware on your drives. Please verify the model numbers against the available downloads at the link below.

http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/locOsCat/20_56.html

Brent