New Discussion юеВ

Re: Smart Array 6i Controller FW V2.80 Error 1734: Incorrect SCSI ID

SOLVED
Go to solution
Roland Friedwagner
Occasional Advisor

Dear Mauricio,

the revsion number of the board can be retreived only on the motherboard itself.
You have to open the server case and find it on the right side, near the back, where the Smart Array Controller is located.

I do not know how to retreive it via a software tool (the hp technican told me it can't).

Kind Regards, Roland
Douglas F. Gibbs

I have seen the same behaviour on two different DL385 (G1) chassis. In both cases, the SA6i showed the error when the SCSI backplane was configured for Duplex mode.

Converting to Simplex mode (i.e. taking off the terminator and moving the second ribbon from the motherboard to take its place) made the error go away without losing the array or data.

Hence, I suspect the problem rests with duplex SCSI...has anyone seen the error on a simplex-configured box?
Hiroki Hario

The symptom can be confirmed by combining parts number 411023-001 and 6i firmware 2.80.

Regards
Hiroki Hario
CliffordMartin

The solution is to update the Array Controller firmware to version 2.84 or later.

HP has a fix located at http://h20565.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?sp4ts.oid=453210&docId=emr_na-c01541246&docLocale=en_US