108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Insight Manager 7.01 hangs w/ "Checking for Java Runtime Enviornemnt."

SOLVED
Go to solution
Craig A. Liess
Advisor

Insight Manager 7.01 hangs w/ "Checking for Java Runtime Enviornemnt."

I've seen a few other posts about this.. anyone coming up with a fix yet?

This is a bare-bones Windows 2003 Standard installation -- I've tried both the latest JRE and the one included with Insight Manager 7.01 with no luck.

The bottom of the IE window reads 'Applet com.hp.mx.portal.applet.baseapplet.testApplet started' and that's it. It just hangs.

Help!

Thanks a ton,

Craig
5 REPLIES 5
clausw
Frequent Advisor
Solution

Re: Insight Manager 7.01 hangs w/ "Checking for Java Runtime Enviornemnt."

please check
http://h18013.www1.hp.com/products/servers/management/hpsim/download.html
there is a update/fix for this problem
cpw
Nicolas Pierri

what is the exact fix/patch for this problem???
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

The link supplied above is for HP SIM, and NOT for IM7. There are no issues with IM7.

My guess is that this is related to security. Make sure to uninstall the Enhanced Browser Security in WS03 and then try adding your IM7 server to your trusted sites list.

Also, please be aware that IM7 is end of life and has been replaced with HP SIM.
Eric_76
Regular Advisor

yep I agree on security thing.
also if you are not using the other version java remove it and stick with the one that came with im7.
Glenn Simpson

I have the same issue. Clean server, IE6, patched up, security lowered to nothing, tried from localhost, workstation, even another sites workstation that works with his server (slightly earlier version) doesn't work pointed at mine. No errors in log, tried different Java's.. don't know what else. The patch refered above is for the earlier version as suggested, tried it anyway, just says it doesn't suit this version. At least when they were Compaq it just worked !!!!!!

Anyone find an answer???