Server Management - Remote Server Management
1752646 Members
5842 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

High performance mouse issues

Darren Leyden

High performance mouse issues

Hi. I've recently upgraded the iLo firmware on a number of our servers to v1.80.

Everything seems to be working fine but there are some inconsistencies in the way the high performance mouse is working.

On some servers once the high performance mouse option has been selected the mouse then performs beautifully with no lag, no mismatches, and no visible transition between my desktop and the remote console window.

On other servers though while tracking is good there is still an obvious transition to the remote console window and noticable lag. It's just not the same mousing experience at all.

I was just wondering if anyone has experienced the same thing and if so whether they know the sets of conditions that cause the different behaviour.

I love the seamless operation of the high performance mouse and would like to get it working on every server (approx 150+).

Darren.
1 REPLY 1
pratap m keshava
Trusted Contributor

Re: High performance mouse issues

You can try the following steps on the servers where there is a noticeble lag.

In Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Display -> settings -> Advanced -> Troubleshooting, set the "Hardware acceleration" to full. This should improve the mouse performance.
This is also mentioned in the iLO user's guide "iLO1.80userguide.pdf" Troubleshooting mouse problems section.