SOLVED
Go to solution
Tim Dekker
Occasional Advisor

Integrated Lights-Out login with login name not possible

Hi,

Server: HP PROLIANT DL380 G5
iLO 2 Firmware Version: 1.79 08/28/2009

I've configured the iLO for directory login. It works, but there's one little thing that bothers me.
E.g. there is a user called "John Smith", his login name is "J_Smith". The Domain is called "ABC".

I can login with "CN=Smith\, John" but not with "ABC\J_Smith".

I know that ActiveX is required and has to be enabled. We use the Internet Explorer 8. Are there any special Settings? I read the following text http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00190541/c00190541.pdf?jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN

E.g. there's a client A (my PC)
there's also the server with the iLO
and there's the directory server. The activeX settings on the server and also on my pc are correct. For test purposes I allowed everything on both machines. When i try to login from my pc with "ABC\J_Smith", it doesn't work. "CN=Smith\, John" is a successful login.
When i try to login from the server to it's own iLO, i can login with "ABC\J_Smith". The different names of the domains (also IP ranges) can be the problem?
2 REPLIES 2
Rajeshwari, Hiresave
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Re: Integrated Lights-Out login with login name not possible

Tim Dekker
Occasional Advisor

Re: Integrated Lights-Out login with login name not possible

Thank you, but the problem is still our firewall. The firewall allows communication between iLO and directory server, but not communication between my pc and the directory server. So the translation misses.