1753774 Members
6763 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Distributed System Management

PAUL FARINELLI
Advisor

Distributed System Management

How are Webem, SMH, SIM, iLO2, the Management Prossesor, etc related? Which are HW, which are SW, and which are FW? Can you provide pointers that provide clear information?
2 REPLIES 2
Mi6t0
Trusted Contributor

Hmm, I think it is a good idea to check in google for the user guides or at least for the quickspecs.

SMH=System Management homepage, this is a Proliant Servers' option, a software, used for monitoring the hardware status and the HP agents.
Management processor is a part of the itanium servers as far as I know (embedded management module), maybe it is similar to ilo.
http://h71028.www7.hp.com/enterprise/cache/4230-0-0-0-121.html

Ilo (integrated lights out) is a hardware component, which is integrated on the system board and gives you the opportunity to connect to the server remotely. Even if the server is off, you can access it via ilo. In fact this is what i like on proliants most :)

I don't know what you mean with webem

I hope this info will be useful for you.
PAUL FARINELLI
Advisor

Thank you. Webem means Web Based Enterprise Management, but is it a concept or a actual product. SMH is used on Integrity (Itanium based) servers & replaces the older SAM SW but how does it relate to iLO2 & SIM? Is iLO2 another name for the MP (previously called GSP)? Is SIM just a web based GUI for iLO2? This is the information I am seeking. Thanks for your partial help and any answers to the above questions would be gratefully appreciated