Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1757087 Members
1974 Online
108858 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP Systems Insght Event ID 3

Edwin_23

HP Systems Insght Event ID 3

I have installed SIM in a server Compaq Ploliant ML350 With 512MB of ram, Hard Disk 9GB Windows 2000 Server SP4

They are displaying the following problems.

In event viewer encounter the following events

Type: Error
Source: HP Systems Insght
Event ID: 3

The descriptions varian of the following form

Description 1: mxdomainmgr(error): Received an remote exception while binding to RMI registry.

Description 2: mxdomainmgrcaught RMI Object has gone away, stop MxInventory, it will restart

Description 3: com.hp.mx.database.DbVerificationException: Error loading database verification handler 'com.hp.mx.database.MsSqlVerificationHandler'
com.hp.mx.database.DbVerificationException: Error accessing database
8 REPLIES 8
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

This should be opened as a support case with customer services...
Fredrik Jansson
Frequent Advisor

is the problem solved??
Darryl_21
Occasional Contributor

I was recieving the following error message in the event viewer upon starting Insight Manager service.
com.hp.mx.database.DbVerificationException: Error loading database verification handler 'com.hp.mx.database.MsSqlVerificationHandler'
com.hp.mx.database.DbVerificationException: Error accessing database

However, after redefining the MxDBUserPassword I am now recieving the following error message in the event log:

mxdtf(error):Received a ssh exception:Invalid Passphrase for dtf private key.

Any information on how to resolve this error message?
ghosking
Occasional Contributor

Hi, we are getting the exact same error - any ideas how to resolve, events are being generated every 20 seconds!!!
binafif

i'm facing the same problem ..

please guys .. can anybody help me .. what can i do . . .

thank you .
Lawrance Lee_1
HPE Pro

I don't have a fix, only wish to report that I'm seeing the same problem.

Background:

I have a customer who just installed SIM 5.2 SP2 on a new, dedicated server (dual proc BL460c), and has the SIM database on a SQL 2005 SP2 server which is running on a separate server (another dual proc BL460c).

This is a new/fresh installation with no carry over bits from a previous SIM installation.

In the last couple of weeks since the SIM server was installed, my customer has started to perform some discovery on their network.
Servers discovered: 1063, iLO's discovered: 789, database size is: 698.2 MB.

Recently, when the administrator tries to login to the SIM server, after entering the login credentials, he gets a blank screen on Internet Explorer.

Inspection of the logs shows a number of entries that seem to be related to this blank screen problem (see logs below).

The only way of getting SIM to work properly again was to restart the Insight Manager service again.

We are depending on this server to be stable because it will be running Remote Support Pack eventually. At the moment we have no confidence that this is a stable platform for the customer's enterprise to depend on for reliable remote fault notification to HP's support. Please note, RSP is currently NOT installed on the server.

Is there anything that I should be checking on this server?

Thanks in advance!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Tuesday, January 27, 2009 9:42 AM
Subject: RE: Blank screen after login

Event Type: Error
Event Source: HP Systems Insight Manager
Event Category: None
Date: 23/01/2009
Time: 5:37:36 PM
User: N/A
Computer: WPSIM02
Description:
mxinventory(error): Received a remote exception while binding to RMI registry.

Time: 10:07:10 AM
Description:
mxdomainmgrcaught RMI Object has gone away, stop MxInventory, it will restart

Time: 6:12:38 PM
Description:
mxdomainmgr(error): Received an remote exception doing lookup to RMI registry.

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
mark q
Regular Advisor

I'm getting the exact same thing and I just re-installed sim 5.2 sp1 on friday of last week.

This weekend I was in there popluating the database (same situation as yours with remote sql) and now I'm getting these errors too..

mxinventory(error): Received a remote exception while binding to RMI registry.

mxdomainmgr(error): Received an remote exception doing lookup to RMI registry.

I'm calling about sim today and seeing what hp says, I'm stuck now becuase I got rid of the old server.
Lawrance Lee_1
HPE Pro

I found that if I get the blank screen after entering the login credentials into the SIM web page whilst on the CMS, I sometimes have success if I log off the CMS and relog back in. Then when I try again to login into the SIM web page, it works. But this doesn't always work.

I now have Remote Support Pack A.05.20 installed on the CMS, and this problem occasionally comes up. It seems that the RSP support folks have also identified a workaround for the white screen issue, but I suspect that the problem is not really RSP related but something not quite right with SIM itself.

Anyway, here's a thread that talks more about the white screen issue with RSP, but if you are not running the RSP plug in, this thread won't help you at all:

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1311434

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo