1754137 Members
4132 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Hardware Status Polling for Servers

ers

Hardware Status Polling for Servers

Hello,

I'm running Hp SIM 5.0 for windows and having the following problem.
Below "All Scheduled Tasks" i've edited the taks "Hardware Status Polling for Servers" that it runs every 2 minutes.
After x time (i don't know howmany hours) it changes the task to run never.

I've to edit the task to schedule it again, does anyone know how to solve this?

Maarten
3 REPLIES 3
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

I've never seen that particular behavior. Depending on the number of servers you are managing, the speed of your server, and other processes that may be running, I have seen that a frequency of 2 minutes can get backed up with a new one kicking off before the previous one completed.

Remember that status polling is a backup method to properly configured event destinations. In other words, if an event isn't sent (could be because SNMP is not guaranteed delivery or the host no longer has a link between it and the HP SIM server, possibly due to the server going down or an interruption in the path due to a switch failure or something), the status polling will flag that something needs attention.

If there are critical servers that you want to know about as soon as possible, try creating a status polling task for just those important servers and scan that every 2 minutes and leave the default polling task at 5.
ers

Thank you for the tip, i'll try this.

maarten
ers

I have added four new tasks. The smallest group has 6 servers and polls every 2 minutes.

With all groups I still have the problem that the polling is chaning to never...