1754174 Members
3054 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion

Multiple server monitoring through firewall

Laurent Berthe

Multiple server monitoring through firewall

Hello to all,

I have an issue when trying to reach multiple servers behind firewall for SIM monitoring.
I have found and opened the necessary ports for HP SIM to be able to work through a firewall, but my point is that i am able to reach one server, using standard HP SIM ports ... but how to reach a second ?

HP SIM interrogate a server on a specific port, can i configure this port ? change it ... ?
By doing this i will be able to specify port 65101 for server 1 then forwarding this port via my firewall to the correct HP SIM port local on the server & specify 65102 for server 2 then forwarding also to the correct HP SIM port local on the server .. etc ..
Then i will be able to manage multiple servers that are behind a firewall.

I hope this topic is clear enough ...

Thanks for your help, ...
Regards,
Laurent.
1 REPLY 1
Markus M.
Trusted Contributor

Re: Multiple server monitoring through firewall

Hi Laurent,

1st: no, you cannot change the ports for specific server.

To monitor your "external" hosts you should create a DMZ object for your SIM server which is reachable for the "external" hosts. Furthermore you should configure NAT to translate the DMZ IP to the internal IP of your SIM.
Based on this you can allow all necessary traffic from internal to external and vice versa.

ext. server => DMZ(SIM ext.) => NAT => SIM(int.)

This picture is very limited and you have to obbey some more details than I can explain here, but I hope you get an idea of how to manage your monitoring...

regards
Markus