1756613 Members
3099 Online
108848 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

SW columns shows a status of i

Lenny Davis
Regular Advisor

SW columns shows a status of i

The SW colums shows a status of i for 1 W2K server. The other 18 W2K servers are all a tick. Trust mode is set to trust all and the SNMP settings are correct - the same as the other servers. Anyone know whay this server persistently shows i and not a tick? When you click on the i I see the message 'Be sure that a trust relationship exists between the HP Systems Insight Manager and Version Control Agent on the target system'. This is a rogue message as the trusl relationship is setup the same as all the other servers. Running HP SIM 4.2.

anyone any ideas on why this is?

Thanks

Lenny
6 REPLIES 6
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Re: SW columns shows a status of i

Other than the login and password for the VCA Authentication.
Browse to the VCA directly, e.g. https://Server:2381/vcaagent
Check the login credentials. Can you access the VCRM and is a Reference Pak set?
Anything different about this Server?
What happens if you just click on the H/W Icon for the Server?
Lenny Davis
Regular Advisor

Yes I can browse directly, the login credentials are correct which I can prove by re-entering them. It displays the full details with the Installed versions, the 7.10 support pack reference versions and the latest versions. I have in fact just updated the Integrated Lights-Out ROM Flash Component on the server form this page and it has updated fine. Clicking on the HW icon for the server is fine also. It brings up all the correct details and no error are reported. The server is in perfect health.
The server is part of a 2 node W2K SQL cluster and the other server is fine. I see a tick in the SW column.
Kelly Beauchaine
Regular Advisor

I've also had this exact same problem and never found a fix for it. Got tired of trying to convince the program that I do in fact have a trust relationship in place. And although there is the other way around it, it defeats the purpose of being able to simply click on the tick! Hopefully we can come up with something to address this issue.

Kelly
Lenny Davis
Regular Advisor

Surely this must be a known Insight Manager issue as I'm not the only one having the problem. Guess if no-one comes up with any more potential solutions I'll have to log the fault with HP direct.
Andreas Sundstrom

I wonder, might it be that the server is a domain controller? I'm having problems with all domain controllers not showing "the tick".
black_macros

I had the same problem with 8 out of 20 2003 servers on HP SIM 5 sp2. Trust relationship was working for everything except VCA (SW Column)

Solved it by reinstalling just the VCA Agent on each server and rebooting. Deploy -> ...Agents -> Install Software -> Dig and find the agent under System Management heading -> force reinstall ticked.

hope that helps someone out there