7303 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

KVM server console switch

CA1152833
Occasional Contributor

KVM server console switch

The specific part is below.
Two of our exisitng servers have now dropped out of the server menu - the ports on "printscreen" do not show the servers attached.

If I attach an existing (working) server into these ports - they show up, so the switch ports seems ok.

However new servers will not show on any of the ports.

I also have an ip expansion module which will only show servers plugged into it's first port - no other servers I plug in will show up. (262589-b21)

I am now at the end of my tether to figure out what is going on . . . help much appreciated!

CAT5 Server Console Switch KVM - 0x2x16 - (0x2x16)

http://h20141.www2.hp.com/hpparts/Search_Results.asp?mscssid=9G7E3BQ8P01R8J1R2VMCHM5KU7839F0B

P.S. This thread has been moevd from ProLiant Servers - Netservers to Servers > general. - hp forum moderator

2 REPLIES 2
CA1152833
Occasional Contributor

Re: KVM server console switch

After chaning all the cat 5 cables (yet again) I now have it starting to work again - although now the expansion module shows as a server disconnected??!!

Re: KVM server console switch

Brian:

Sorry, I don't understand your problem at all, but I had a problem with a KVM Switch.

I found that the KEYBOARD was the cause of my problem. It was the original Server HP Keyboard.

I changed with another model and it works!!!

I used a keyboard from one HP PC.

I don't know if this can help you.

Best Regards

Salvador
You learn from dificult situations...