Operating System - Linux
1753317 Members
5236 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: MySQL Toolkit does not failover to the backup node when the fibre cable link lost

netknigh

MySQL Toolkit does not failover to the backup node when the fibre cable link lost

Description of problem:
MySQL package does not fail over to standby node when primary node share
storage fail

Version or Release number of selected component (if n/a, use `uname -a`):
RHEL4 U2 , SG/LX 11.6x , MySQL 5.0.17c pro cert

How reproducible:

Steps to Reproduce:
1.Setup SG/LX
2.Install MySQL toolkit ,MySQL DB
3.Pull out fiber channel cable from primary node

Actual results:

MySQL package does not fail over to standby node

Expected results:
MySQL package fails over to standby node automatically and the database
continues to function

I have also config disk monitor but does not work .

The attachment is the SG config file .

Dose there anybody help me ?

Thanks !
3 REPLIES 3
Ian Vaughan
Honored Contributor

Re: MySQL Toolkit does not failover to the backup node when the fibre cable link lost

Howdy,
Do you have 2 Fibre adapters in each server?

Does the storage not continue to work on the other adapter if one is disconnected rather than failover to the other node?

Switching adapters will be less disruptive to your application than a failover to another node.

Can you post the log file for the package?

Hope this helps
Ian
Hope that helps - please click "Thumbs up" for Kudos if it does
## ---------------------------------------------------------------------------##
Which is the only cheese that is made backwards?
Edam!
Tweets: @2techie4me
IT_2007
Honored Contributor

Few things. Do you have packages configured to failover? Check package control log. Also check syslog.
Serviceguard for Linux
Honored Contributor

A few things.

First, Ian is correct. You need two FC connections to have a supportable configuration for SGLX.

Second, if you want to deal with loss of multiple FC connections you should use the disk monitor.

Third, we have recently found that LVM2 will not deactivate a VG if it has lost connection to storage. I know this is the case with U3 and I beleive it is true for U2 as well. In that case you need to set "SERVICE_FAIL_FAST_ENABLED=YES" to force a system reset if both FC connections are lost.