New Discussion юеВ

Re: MSL5062S2 configuration in HPUX 11i via FC

SOLVED
Go to solution
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Navid,
did you check if switch has some zoning configuration enabled which does not allow host to see library? Useful outputs are
configshow
supportshow
I suspect even if router is configured incorrectly server should see something (at least this router) through FC
Eugeny
Michele (Mike) Alberton
Regular Advisor
Solution

Hi Navid,

if you want to use FC to connec an MSL you're supposed to have an E1200 storage router FC controller card seated on the back of your MSL library.
This board comes equipped with a FC port, two LVD SCSI adapters a 10BaseT LAN card and a serial connection.
As a standard the IP is set to 1.1.1.1 (255.255.255.0) so that if you want to use the WEB page to configure it, simply configure your PC as 1.1.1.2 255.255.255.0 and tie it to the E1200 router through a crossover LAN cable.

Point your browser to http://1.1.1.1 and you'll be inside the configuration.

root:password is the default setting to log in.

Following the steps I mentioned before and eventually rebooting your CPUs, you should be able to see your drives.

Please take care of what Eugeny mentioned about the FC switch, since if zoning is in place but misconfigred you would probaby face some weirdness.

I hope it helps !

Cheers,

Mike
Leif Halvarsson_2
Honored Contributor

Hi,
It is recommended to use the "sctl" driver not "schgr" (schgr is for MO-jukeboxes). After installing the driver your library is listed with ioscan as:
unknown -1 0/2/0/0.1.0.255.0.0.0 UNCLAIMED UNKNOWN COMPAQ MSL5000 Series
This is all normal.

By default the e1200 Storage Router is configured to use "Indexed Maps" but, as there is no such map created by default, no drives is listed.. After setting the Router IP adress, log in to the Router, click on the FC port on the Router Image and change the Default map to Auto Assigned. After that the drives is acessible.
Navid HUSSAIN_2
Frequent Advisor

Many Thanks Mike,

It is working now, The only problem I faced while using IE, it was just hanging that could be missing java plug in..

Then using telnet, I was able to configure and get it recognize.

I am attaching procedure in word format which Mike has suggested me for other people benefits.

Thanks once again all..

NAVID HUSSAIN

Teamwork