StoreEver Tape Storage
1757302 Members
2983 Online
108860 Solutions
New Discussion

how to force an eject/re-initialise the DAT24i without re-boot

BR683646

how to force an eject/re-initialise the DAT24i without re-boot

Once/twice a week during the daily switch of tapes in the drive, the tape loads and the lights stay off, as if no tape is in the drive. The manual 3*2 sec push, and the five sec push of eject button refuse to work. The software eject is greyed-out since it too cannot see the tape. Is there a way (3rd party util?) to re-start the drive electronics without a server power-down, which is the only way it recognises the tape is inserted. Re-starting the server won't cut it, it has to be completely switched off. These are HP DATs, on different days, on a reliable server. No software errors occur, so it must be driver/hardware? Even the HP diagnostic says there's no tape in the drive, but the drive electronics check out okay. Help, please.
If it's got a plug on it, Jon can fix it... thanks
1 REPLY 1
Scott Hansen_1

Re: how to force an eject/re-initialise the DAT24i without re-boot

I also have this problem, no lights on the tape drive, unable to eject and the system shows me that there is not a tape installed. This is on an HP Netserver LH3 with a DAT24 SureStore tape drive. I, too had to shut the system down in order for the system to see the tape; the systems are too business critical to shut down to remove a stuck tape. I am open to any suggestions...