1753776 Members
7100 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: StoreVirtual VSA 2014 EOL

ThanhDatVo
Advisor

StoreVirtual VSA 2014 EOL

My HP vendor told me HP StoreVirtual VSA 2014 was going EOS in 2019 (and EOSL 2024).

I can't find anything online regarding this.
Can anyone confirm this?

I did find some older posts that said there was no known EOL for VSA 2014 but these date back to februari 2017.
A lot can change within a year...

3 REPLIES 3
BenLoveday
Valued Contributor

Hah, I'd like to know the answer to this also. HPE have been very vague about the future of Storevirtual and now I see the termed licenses are no longer available, so support can't be purchased up front...no surprises here.

I just wish there was a little more transparency and a customer migration path. Prior to Nimble being acquired, Nimble were working on a VSA product. Since the acquisition I've heard nothing. Does this mean that Simplivity is going to be their HCI offerring?

Anyone?

Bart_Heungens
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Since I do not work for HPE I cannot make any official statement here, and I cannot find the document either, but I know there is 'somewhere' an official statement of StoreVirtual VSA being sold,  supported and maintained until at least 2019 and 3 year support afterwards...

I suspect that at that moment HPE will have the clear answer of the Simplivity VSA (which is actually called OVC) or the NImble VSA replacing the StoreVirtual VSA, or that all these VSA's will be merged together in some kind of way... Some challenges as far as I can see for HPE being the OVC requiring today the hardware accelerator card from the Simplivity nodes, and the Nimble arrays missing synchronous replication so far... But also that seems to be on the roadmap as I understood...

So I expect 2018 will be a fun and challenging year for HPE storage... As soon as I hear official statements on all this I will write about it as well on my blog www.bitcon.be ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was useful, clik on my KUDOS! "White Star" !
BenLoveday
Valued Contributor

Thanks Bart. Yep, completely agree, it will be an interesting year, personally I'd like to see a Nimble VSA but as you said, their current architecture relies on a shared SAS backplane between the controllers so would need to develop something here. Possibly some opportunity to take bits from the 3PAR product? Don't know much about Simplivity yet.

Will keep an eye on your blog!

Cheers,

Ben