1748202 Members
2912 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

Windows Server 2016 support

KDG_SimonL
Established Member

Windows Server 2016 support

Hello, I would like to know when I can expect an upgrade for official Windows Server 2016 support especially for DSM for MPIO driver.

8 REPLIES 8
Stor_Mort
HPE Pro

Re: Windows Server 2016 support

The Windows Server 2016 software iSCSI initiator is approved for LeftHand OS 12.5 and 12.6. The DSM for MPIO module needs work and will not be available for Windows Server 2016 for a few months. Use the Microsoft MPIO feature with iSCSI support in the meantime. You will need to explicitly enable iSCSI support in the MPIO control panel.

I am an HPE employee - HPE SImpliVity Support

Accept or Kudo

KDG_SimonL
Established Member

Thank you for your reply.

Good to know - I tested iSCSI with DSM for MPIO on our backup server and noticed that it was working well (but the volume which is connected via iSCSI is also not frequently used) and I was short before using the exsting DSM for MPIO for our Hyper-V hosts too.

Are there any disadvantages by using Microsoft MPIO instead of HP DSM for MPIO?

Stor_Mort
HPE Pro

MPIO, rather than teaming or bonding, is the recommended method of creating redundant network paths for iSCSI. The Microsoft DSM provides the basic MPIO functions of path selection and redundant failover which makes it a good place to start. The StoreVirtual DSM for MPIO is an extension to Microsoft's MPIO framework that improves iSCSI efficiency by making better use of network resources. 

I am an HPE employee - HPE SImpliVity Support

Accept or Kudo

Is the DSM already available for Windows Server 2016?

How about Windows 2016 support?

Dhondtie
Occasional Visitor

Any news on the release date yet?

CristianJ

What about this thread. i need the HP DSM for 2016. Release date Hp Please?

VDIAS
Visitor

Any news on this???

Facing lots of problems on presenting storage from EVA4400 to a windows server 2016.