New Discussion юеВ

Re: Can't ping the gateway...

SOLVED
Go to solution
ManojK_1
Valued Contributor

Hi QCheck,

I have done bonding in my production RedHat Linux systems with active/passive configuration.I didn't done any changes in swicth side.

I have done changes in swicth side while doing APA (Teaming in HP Unix) as recommended by HP.

I will paste the output of ifcfg files for your reference from my server. Can you please check the same in problematic systems and compare it with your good system.

Also verify/compare /etc/modprobe.conf.

Manoj K
Thanks and Regards,
Manoj K
ManojK_1
Valued Contributor

Hii Qcheck,

Also go through the below urls. It might help you to have some hint.

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-networking-3/channel-bonding-dup-packets-received-from-ping-314878/

check the sction "Duplicated Incoming Packets" in the below url.
http://www.linuxfoundation.org/collaborate/workgroups/networking/bonding#Duplicated_Incoming_Packets.

Manoj K
Thanks and Regards,
Manoj K
Qcheck
Super Advisor

Manoj,

Thank you for all your responses, time and knowledge sharing.

Here's how problem has been resolved:
----------------------------------------
1) For duplicate address detection messages in /var/log/messages, this is the RHEL 5.1 bug and has been fixed in 5.3, so those messages can't be ignored as every thing else is working fine.

2) For the slowness/accessibility/can't ping the gateway/can't nslookup issues, the problem has been resolved after removing the gateway information in network file and added in ifcfg-bond* scripts and also removing the network and broadcast information in the ifcfg-bond* scripts.

3) For the dup! replies from ping command, the bonding mode has been changed from 0 to 1, where active-backup policy is supported by the switch/hardware.

I posted this, thinking it might help someone.
Luigi Berengan
Advisor

Yes, it help me.
Thank you very-very-very much
berlui
Italy