StoreEver Tape Storage
1757097 Members
2390 Online
108858 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DLT80 not seen after "sucessful" firmware update.

Pat Lopker

DLT80 not seen after "sucessful" firmware update.

After having problems with my DLT not being recongized,I attempted to update the firmware using HP's L&TT. It said it was completed correctly, but now I can't get the DLT to work at all. Not in device list, and only "tape in use" light on. Any help or ideas? Running XP pro.

Thx.
2 REPLIES 2
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

Re: DLT80 not seen after "sucessful" firmware update.

does it appear at boot time? during bios boot time, you have to see the enquiry string of the device, if it appear in the bios of the SCSI controller, them the device phisicaly is working.
Now another problem is the OS, if it is a plug &play os (w2k, XP) you just need to wait for short time, and the DLT will appear as a new device if not p&p a reboot is needed.
Last one is the Backup application, lots of sw use the serialization, or identify the device with enquirystring and bios version, so changing the bios version, the sw that use that sistem to identify the device, need to be reconfigured
Steve Vibert_1
Frequent Advisor

Re: DLT80 not seen after "sucessful" firmware update.

Hi

I have similar problem but intermittent. I flashed the firmware and get good result. When i started the server (ML530 win2k) the tape is ok but after a few minutes or 1 hour max, the tape disappear or disconnect from my backup software (arcserve 11.1).

I have reflashed the firmware and since everything is ok. Maybe it's may working for you.

Ps) excuse my english