1748112 Members
3495 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Updated: UX / Design Updates - Live

MargaretN
Respected Contributor

Updated: UX / Design Updates - Live

Based on feedback from members, we have made the following changes across the Community:

• Community search field now spans the page width, plus breadcrumbs expanded:

HPEC-Search-field.JPG

•  Topic page modules on the home page have been updated to reflect the updated pages:

topic-navigation.png   

• Posts, we have reduced the depth of white space between member info and post/article title and moved the Reply Button, Add Tags buttons closer to the Kudos Pagepost-page.png

We hope you like these.

MargaretN

6 REPLIES 6
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Design Update - Search field

Are you talking about the Search box at the top of EACH page?  (This hasn't changed like in the MF forum.)

Or the search page you get when you click on the magnifying glass?

Edit: Ok, I see all those changes now.

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

The search and breadcrumbs match what MF now has.

Having all level breadcrumbs allows you to go back several levels and has been a complaint before.

> moved the Reply Button, Add Tags buttons closer

You still haven't put back the View All link, that allows you to delete your tags, from HP Inc.:

view all tags.JPG

You have copied the broken confirmation reply page from MF:

missing reply lines.JPG

In firefox, you have to make the window very narrow to see the line above the one listed.

I also noticed that spell check no longer provides the NO spelling errors popup.

Warren_Admin
Respected Contributor

HI Dennis, 

Can you clarify a little?
"You still haven't put back the View All link, that allows you to delete your tags, from HP Inc.:"
- to what do you refer?

"You have copied the broken confirmation reply page from MF:"
- Micro Focus' community was migrated from HPEC, not the other way around.   

"In firefox, you have to make the window very narrow to see the line above the one listed."   
- to what do you refer?

"I also noticed that spell check no longer provides the NO spelling errors popup."
- The TMC Editor is an open-source editor, not owned by the community.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

Thanks,
Warren_Admin

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>"You still haven't put back the View All link, that allows you to delete your tags, from HP Inc.:"
>- to what do you refer?

I forgot how many forum iterations this last worked:

https://community.hpe.com/t5/General-Feedback-and-Suggestions/Forum-Changes-breaking-things/m-p/6965406#M10169

This is the page that I want to see, with Tag Options on right:

https://community.hpe.com/t5/forums/tagdetailpage/tag-cloud-grouping/tag/tag-cloud-style/frequent/message-scope/single/board-id/itrc-198/message-id/33690/user-scope/all/tag-scope/all/timerange/all/tag-visibility-scope/all

I showed a picture of the various Tag options in HP Inc forum.

You have a list of tags you can click, you have an Add Tag link.  And a View All link.  The latter is missing.

> - Micro Focus' community was migrated from HPEC, not the other way around. 

You're confused.  They now have their own Lithium version/configuration and had the problem months before HPE forum. I.e. a new Lithium issue.

>"In firefox, you have to make the window very narrow to see the line above the one listed."   
>- to what do you refer?

In my post I show what happens when my window is wide.  I have to make it very narrow to see all three lines:

post reply narrow.JPG

This issue occurs on Reply confirmation, moderator notification, floating topics, etc.

> - The TMC Editor is an open-source editor, not owned by the community. 

But the results are different.  It used to have a confirmation.  This isn't a big deal, if I know not to wait.

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

> - The TMC Editor is an open-source editor, not owned by the community. 

This is now working again.  :-)

Kamax
Occasional Visitor

Thank you that was helpful but I think this problem still persists.

Камакс е производител на сенници и щори.