2250 Online
109061 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Apollo K6000 PSU reporting as failed

ryanja
Visitor

Apollo K6000 PSU reporting as failed

Hi,

Got an Apollo K6000 chassis that is reporting Power Supply failure messages on POST when they seem to be working. They are 2650W Titanium Plus power supplies and I have a mixed variety of firmware labels stuck the the back of them ranging from 1.03 to 3.10, however, most read as N/A in the iLO and the ones that do show a version, don't match the one on the power supply. So far I've had some with 1.02 and some with 3.01.

I've searched for firmware downloads/updates and can't seem to find any anywhere? Is there any possibilty that I would be able to update the firmware on the power supplies?

Also with the APM module installed, with mismatched power supplies, any blades plugged into the right-hand side of the enclosure will not display as installed in the APM broswer. The enclosure will stay on regardless of the power supplies that are plugged in, even if they report as not installed.

5 REPLIES 5
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Hi,

HPE Apollo Gen10 Chassis Controller Firmware has some fixes for Power supply issue.  Please check if this is what your K6000 is experiencing and update the FW if required.

Thank You!
I work with HPE but opinions expressed here are mine.
HPE Tech Tips videos on How To and Troubleshooting topics

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

ryanja
Visitor

@Suman_1978 

Hi,

The controller already has the latest firmware (1.4.23) and the supervisor modules are also flagging the same issue, as far as I can tell there is no way to update the supervisor module?

Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Hi,

Supervisor module, you mean the APM?
HPE Apollo Platform Manager Firmware for HPE Apollo Systems Apollo 6000 Gen10, Apollo 2000 Gen10/Gen10 Plus, and Apollo 4500 Gen10. Apollo 6500 Gen10/Gen10 Plus

Thank You!

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Shetj
Regular Visitor

@Suman_1978 

Swapping out PSUs with diffrent firmware fixed the issue. It seems now that we have a diffrent issue. Again related to the PSU firmware. Is there any PSU firmware updates available for this chassis? The machines runing the old 1.02 PSU firmware run the rear fans 1-6 at full speed. Even with the newest Chassis management firmware.

Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Hi,

That was the last FW revision I could find, if you still have issues, I would recommend you to log a support ticket with HPE.

Thank You!

I work for HPE.

Accept or Kudo