108957 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Hardware Alerts for Slot 3 Smart Array after reboot

SOLVED
Go to solution
js9
Occasional Contributor

Hardware Alerts for Slot 3 Smart Array after reboot

After the reboot of some HP APOLLO 4200 servers 6 of them sent ILO hardware alerts.
All errors are related to Slot 3 Smart Array.

Slot 3 Smart Array - Predictive drive failure: Port 3I&Port 4I Box 1 Bay 22 ACTION: 1. If this drive is not part of a fault-tolerant volume, back up all data before replacing the drive and restore all data afterward. 2. If this drive is part of a fault-tolerant volume, do not replace this drive unless the logical drive status is OK.
Slot 3 Smart Array - Storage enclosure problem detected: Port 3I&Port 4I Box 1. Drive Element 9 Non Authentic Drive Installed ACTION: Cooling Fan: 1. check fans, 2. reseat fan. 3. replace fan. Power Supply: replace the power supply. Enclosure Processor: 1. Power cycle storage enclosure, 2. upgrade enclosure firmware. Link Errors: 1. Reseat or replace I/O modules and cables.
Slot 3 Smart Array - Storage enclosure problem detected: Port 3I&Port 4I Box 1. Encl Element 0 Non Critical Error Detected ACTION: Cooling Fan: 1. check fans, 2. reseat fan. 3. replace fan. Power Supply: replace the power supply. Enclosure Processor: 1. Power cycle storage enclosure, 2. upgrade enclosure firmware. Link Errors: 1. Reseat or replace I/O modules and cables.

I checked the ILO gui for all servers but everything seems to be in order. I also checked the StorCLI output of the disk RAID and there was no bad disk. 
Can you help what is causing the error? It is confusing because it is rather unspecific and mentions fans, storage and power.

4 REPLIES 4
TVVJ
HPE Pro

Hello,

If the messages are identical across all the servers, then it would be recommended to perform a firmware update of the server itself. One way would be to use the Service Pack for Proliant (SPP) to update the firmware in offline mode. Please backup data, arrange for downtime and perform it on one unit. You may download the "Gen10 Service Pack for ProLiant (SPP)". If it succeeds, then perform the activity on the other servers one at a time, of course with proper data backup and downtime.

Regards,

I work for HPE
Views expressed herein are my personal opinion and are not the views of HPE

Accept or Kudo

Sunitha_Mod

Hello @js9,

Let us know if you were able to resolve the issue.

If you have no further query and you are satisfied with the answer then kindly mark the topic as Solved so that it is helpful for all community members.

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
js9
Occasional Contributor
Solution

The alert Slot 3 Smart Array - Predictive drive failure is based on SMART values and suggests that the disk will fail in the near future.
In this case solution was to replace the disk.

Sunitha_Mod

Hello @js9,

Great! 

We are glad to know you were able to find the solution and we appreciate you for keeping us updated. 

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo