Apollo
1770735 Members
2252 Online
108999 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Maximum Power Requirements for Apollo 6500 XL675d Gen10 Plus Server with NVIDIA HGX Module

Rachid-Saidane
Frequent Visitor

Maximum Power Requirements for Apollo 6500 XL675d Gen10 Plus Server with NVIDIA HGX Module

Hello everyone,

I am currently setting up a data center, and I am planning to deploy an Apollo 6500 XL675d Gen10 Plus server with six 3000 watt power supplies and an NVIDIA HGX module with 8 GPUs. I am trying to determine the maximum power that this server can draw at maximum workload and the minimum power requirement.

Additionally, I would like to know the recommended breaker current for this server, as well as whether a rack with two PDU of 32 amps is sufficient to power it.

If anyone has any experience or knowledge about the power requirements of this server, I would greatly appreciate any information you can share. I am concerned about properly provisioning power to this server, as I want to ensure that it is running optimally and safely.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

2 REPLIES 2
TVVJ
HPE Pro

Re: Maximum Power Requirements for Apollo 6500 XL675d Gen10 Plus Server with NVIDIA HGX Mo

Hello,

You may refer to the section Standard Features > Platform Information on page 10, section "power" and Standard Features > Power Supply Kits on page 21 of the HPE Apollo 6500 Gen10 Plus System's QuickSpecs for more information.

Regards,

I work for HPE
Views expressed herein are my personal opinion and are not the views of HPE

Accept or Kudo

BPSingh
HPE Pro

Re: Maximum Power Requirements for Apollo 6500 XL675d Gen10 Plus Server with NVIDIA HGX Module

Greetings!

You can also use HPE Power Advisor to calculate power consumption of your server depending on the configuration. 

https://poweradvisorext.it.hpe.com/?Page=Index

I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo