108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HyperV Cluster - Volume Snapshot Error - SOAP API error 1033

SOLVED
Go to solution
richbspr60

HyperV Cluster - Volume Snapshot Error - SOAP API error 1033

Hello,

I am trying to get Veeam configured on our HyperV 2012 R2 cluster to use the Nimble hardware VSS provider on the hosts.

The VSS hardware provider is being called, but then get a Windows system event error 4020 stating:

Failed to create a snapshot. Reason: SOAP API error 1033.

This means the backup fails.

We are on firmware 2.3.14 and using NWT v 2.3.2.287 on the HyperV hosts.

Does anyone know what could cause this error? I have installed KB2995388 update on the hosts (Which supersedes KB2966407)

Thank you.

Richard

3 REPLIES 3
daniel_moloney
Occasional Advisor
Solution

Re: HyperV Cluster - Volume Snapshot Error - SOAP API error 1033

Hi Richard,

I believe to avoid this error message, you will need to configure Veeam to call the System Provider / Microsoft Shadow Copy Provider instead of using any hardware provider it finds.

Veeam > edit volume settings:

Backup Infrastructure > Managed Servers > Manage Volumes > Edit > VSS provider: Microsoft Software Shadow Copy provider 1.0

I would also suggest creating a support ticket with our support team so they can investigate the error further if required. Depending on your location you can find the correct toll free number here Customer Support | Nimble Storage.

Hope this helps

Thanks

ryonkov26

Running latest 3.x both OS and NWT. Getting the same error sometimes when backing up some VMs, for others it works, trying to find a pattern. Veeam is set to to fall back to the software provider. However from what I have read it is recommended to use the hardware provider so if anyone has an idea how to fix it that would be great.

Thanks

abarve110
HPE Pro

This is fixed in Nimble OS 4.1.