Around the Storage Block
1752460 Members
5894 Online
108788 Solutions
New Article ๎ฅ‚
CalvinZito

HPE and Veeam integration and Veeam v10 podcast with Rick Vanover

Today I'd like to share a very comprehensive podcast, featuring my friend and industry colleague Rick Vanover. In the podcast we take a deep dive into the Veeam and HPE relationship, focusing on the Veeam version 10 release, as well as looking at integration between Rick-Vanover-head shot.jpgHPE Storage and Veeam. In case you didn't already know, we were the first company that Veeam did snapshot integration with back in 2012.

I met Rick before he worked at Veeam. - I think it was at VMworld 2009. Rick was a Sys Admin but was also doing some writing for publications and his blog. I was trying to convince him to attend one of our events as an indie blogger. I was initially disappointed when he went to work for another vendor, a little startup called Veeam because that meant I could no longer consider him an indie blogger and invite him to our events. I was personally glad that the relationship between HPE and Veeam became so close because it meant that Rick and I would continue to be colleagues, working for our respective companies. 

So - that's the background, and without further ado, here's the podcast with Rick.

To subscribe to the podcast, open this link and click on the "View in iTunes" button under my picture. If you don't use iTunes, you can find my podcast on TalkShoe.com, Google Play Music., and I just added  the podcast to Spotify Podcast, and Stitcher On Google, you'll get "invited" to try Google Play Music for 30 days. Just click "no thanks" to get past this and get to the podcast.

We cover lots of ground in this edition of the "Around the Storage Block" podcast, so I'd like to give you a Table of Contents for easy reference. Here's what we discussed; if there's something specific you want to hear you can find it at the following timecodes:

• 0 โ€“ 2:23 Introductions
  • 2:23 โ€“ 5:27 Veeam by the numbers
  • 5:27 โ€“ 10:00 Gartner Magic Quadrant
  • 10:00 โ€“ 27:16 HPE and Veeam integration (including Apollo and SimpliVity)
  • 27:16 โ€“ 34:19 What's in Veeam v10
  • 34:19 โ€“ 45:30 Veeam v10 HPE integration features
  • 45:30 โ€“ 48:30 VeeamOn in May and wrap-up

Congrats to Rick and all of our friends at Veeam for the release of Veeam v10!

For more information

About HPE Storage Guy (aka The Storage Godfather)

CJZ Headshot fixed 150 x 150.jpg

I'm Calvin Zito and November 16, 2018 marked 35 years with HP/HPE. I've worked in HPE Storage since 1990. I was recently recognized as a 9 time VMware vExpert. As an early adopter of social media and active in communities, I've blogged for over 10 years. I'm also an avid Boise State fan. You can find me on Twitter as @CalvinZito. If you don't follow me on Twitter, please do it now! You can also contact me via email

Calvin Zito
Hewlett Packard Enterprise

twitter.com/HPE_Storage
linkedin.com/showcase/hpestorage/
hpe.com/storage

0 Kudos
About the Author

CalvinZito

I have worked at HPE since 1983, all of it around storage but 100% focused on storage since 1990. I'm expanding into other areas of focus at HPE like HPE GreenLake, compute, containers, AI, and more. I blog, create videos, and podcasts to help you better understand HPE Storage. Find my podcast at https://www.hpe.com/dmn/ATITB

Comments