Around the Storage Block
1751878 Members
5413 Online
108782 Solutions
New Article ๎ฅ‚
CalvinZito

HPE Named a Leader in the 2020 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Primary Storage

I wanted to point to you a post on our Newsroom blog from SVP and GM of HPE Storage Tom Black discussing the latest Gartner Magic Quadrant for Primary Storage. I wanted to pull a couple of things Tom said.figure1.png

First, I'd like to point out that the MQ is about the overall HPE primary storage, not a single product โ€“ although HPE Primera and Nimble are our superstars. Letโ€™s look at the overall progress recognized in HPE Primary Storage. Tom said:

Having recently assumed the role of SVP and GM for HPE Storage, I am proud we have been named as a Leader in the second annual Gartner Magic Quadrant for Primary Storage 2020..... Iโ€™m thrilled Gartner chose to recognize HPE for our completeness of vision and our ability to execute. I believe that collectively, the innovations we executed on this year have disrupted a market, created a new category, and unlocked hybrid cloud.

Next, a bit about HPE Primera.

We introduced HPE Primera one year ago and forever changed the landscape and expectations for mission-critical storage. HPE Primeraโ€™s ability to deliver instant access to data is the game changer. Built for a self-service experience, weโ€™re changing the way people look at their storage. For example, over half of all HPE Primeraโ€™s have been self-installed by our customers, often in as little as 20 minutes. And 99% of software updates are performed by customers without requiring assistance from support.

And of course HPE Nimble Storage

When Nimble Storage first shipped ten years ago, the mission was simple - to radically simplify enterprise storage, and transform operations with artificial intelligence. For the last decade, we believe HPE Nimble Storage has delivered on this vision, shaping the storage industry with game-changing innovations across intelligence, support, and hybrid cloud.

Be sure to read Tom's article as the few quotes I pulled doesn't do it justice. 

You can download a copy of the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Primary Storage here

And of course, check out my Chalk Talks

I have Chalk Talks to give you a starting point with HPE Primary Storage and I think these cover why HPE is a leader. If you haven't seen them, check them out. 

About The Storage Godfather (formerly HPEStorageGuy)

CJZ Headshot fixed 150 x 150.jpg

I'm Calvin Zito and this past week marks 37 years with HP/HPE. I've worked in HPE Storage since 1990. I was recently recognized as a 10 time VMware vExpert. As an early adopter of social media and active participant in communities, I've blogged for over 13 years. I'm also an avid Boise State fan - and excited that they've just decided to play this fall! You can find me on Twitter as @CalvinZito. If you don't follow me on Twitter, please do it now! You can also contact me via email

Calvin Zito
Hewlett Packard Enterprise

twitter.com/HPE_Storage
linkedin.com/showcase/hpestorage/
hpe.com/storage

About the Author

CalvinZito

I have worked at HPE since 1983, all of it around storage but 100% focused on storage since 1990. I'm expanding into other areas of focus at HPE like HPE GreenLake, compute, containers, AI, and more. I blog, create videos, and podcasts to help you better understand HPE Storage. Find my podcast at https://www.hpe.com/dmn/ATITB