cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

earse/wipe all configuration and data on the arrays

earse/wipe all configuration and data on the arrays

Hi community,

Hopefully someone can help me here.

We have several Nimble arrays (CS500) that are out of support while we closed out a datacenter a few month ago. The arrays have been shipped back and now sitting in the warehouse at HQ.

We need to ewaste/recycle these arrays but due to the company compliance requirement we are requested to erase all the configuration as well as any data from the array.

I found the KB article (KB-000361) from Infosight in regards to Array Sanitization, so I would like to confirm that this will erase every configuration and data and put the arrays back to the factory default.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Re: storage companies near me

[quote]

Hi community,

Hopefully someone can help me here.

We have several Nimble arrays (CS500) that are out of support while we closed out a datacenter a few month ago. The arrays have been shipped back and now sitting in the warehouse at HQ. Storage companies near me company G&J Moving.

We need to ewaste/recycle these arrays but due to the company compliance requirement we are requested to erase all the configuration as well as any data from the array.

I found the KB article (KB-000361) from Infosight in regards to Array Sanitization, so I would like to confirm that this will erase every configuration and data and put the arrays back to the factory default.

[/quote]

Yes, good move

Storage companies near me
Highlighted

Re: earse/wipe all configuration and data on the arrays

This process follows NIST SP 800-88 standards for secure data erasure.
It just sanitizes the disks. It does not restore the array to factory defaults.

A reimage is what restores the array to default. Since the arrays are out of support, reimage is not supported without Nimble Support Management approval.

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo